Last Updated: September 16, 2022
If you are in the United Kingdom (UK), or in any country in the European Economic Area (EEA) (which includes member states of the EU), please note that additional terms at the end of this Policy may apply to our handling of your personal information.
Type of Information We Collect
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Residential street address or postal address
- Email address
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Driver's license number
- Government issued identification number
- Phone number
- Financial information such as credit card number, debit card number, bank account or other financial institution account number
- Club Serrano card number
- Information we must collect to comply with applicable law.
- Details about devices used to access our websites or mobile applications such as IP address, browser information, device information, cookies, mobile advertising IDs, HTML5 localStorage and similar technologies. This is discussed further below.
- Video surveillance information and threat detection systems to monitor gaming areas and other public and sensitive areas within and around our locations for safety, security, fraud prevention, and other purposes. Some surveillance systems may incorporate video surveillance footage, including images and audio via security cameras, facial recognition technologies, and magnetic sensor technology, all of which may be used for additional screening. Surveillance camera output is monitored by our employees and contractors and may be viewed by or shared with law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information from various sources, including:
- When you voluntarily provide it to us
- When you sign up and create an account
- When you register and enroll for a Club Serrano card
- When you sign up to receive emails, special promotions, offers, event information, the Yaamava' Resort & Casino Newsletter, or other communications (e.g., social media sites)
- When you play games on our websites or mobile apps
- From third parties for our business purposes
- When you make purchases
- When you communicate with us
- When you submit a request for a Win/Loss Form
- When you submit a request for an IRS Form W-2G or Form 1099
- When you consent to receive text messages, we collect your mobile telephone number, in order to send you the text messages; you will also have the option to stop receiving text messages
- When you contact us offline or submit information to us offline
- When you apply for a job with us
- When you use our Kiosks
- When you provide it through our websites
- When you provide it through our mobile apps
- When you subscribe to the newsletter
- When you respond to a survey
- Directly from you, at your direction or with your consent
- In connection with your use of the Services (e.g., via our websites and devices you connect to the Services)
- From our service providers, partners, and third parties, such as those discussed in the “How We Use Your Information” and “How We Share Your Information” sections below
- From other platforms that you may use to engage with us
- Automatically, from devices that you use to connect to our website and app
- In public areas, through our use of safety and security technologies that we may use when you visit our locations
From time to time, we may use or augment the personal information we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, and other third parties, including to perform obligations required under applicable law. We may also use such third-party information to confirm contact information or to better understand your interests by associating demographic information with the information you have provided.
What Happens If You Do Not Provide Your Personal Information To Us?
If you do not provide personal information that we request or require in connection with our Services or our business functions and activities, we may not be able to provide our Services to you or be able to respond to an inquiry or a complaint or be able to assist you in other ways. For example, we also may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to operate our Services. We also collect, hold, use and disclose the information to:
- To personalize user experience;
- To facilitate purchases and transactions;
- To facilitate reservations;
- To verify your eligibility for a Club Serrano card at Yaamava’;
- To improve our Sites;
- To communicate with you about our Services;
- To conduct or administer surveys and other market research for our business purposes;
- To respond to requests, questions and comments;
- To provide you with our newsletters, articles, announcements, invitations, and other information about Services;
- To share your personal information with third parties, as discussed below in our “How We Share Your Information” section;
- Based on your consent to receive e-mails, messages, notifications, or phone calls, we will send you communications about our Services, including providing you personalized advertisements that identify products, services, games, or events that we think may be of interest to you based on your purchasing and gaming habits when you visit our websites;
- To enable you to connect with third parties or use third party sharing functionality such as third party social media widgets/tools/buttons;
- To validate your ability to access or use our Services (e.g., validate that that you are over the age of 21 to access Palms Casino & Resort website and mobile applications or the Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel app)
- To comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our policies (e,g., to verify users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests)
- If you apply for a job, we may also use the information to a assess qualifications and personal experience to determine if it meets specific job requirements; and help us inform candidates of future openings
- To protect the safety and security of our guests, personnel, locations, and the general public.
We may also aggregate or deidentify any personal information that we collect in connection with our Services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated or de-identified information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect:
- Within our family of companies (including sharing between Palms and Yaamava’), our branded subsidiaries, joint ventures, and other companies in the United States under our common control (collectively, "Affiliates")
- With service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, including, but not limited to, for the purposes of operating our website and apps, assisting us to perform business functions and operations, and for fulfilling requests by you. For example, service providers include web hosting providers, app hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- With third parties for our marketing purposes
- With your consent and at your direction
- When you voluntarily provide content for the purpose of it being shared with other users
- To verify your eligibility for a credit card or other services; and
- To protect payment transactions against fraud or identify theft
We may also disclose personal information in order to assist with or otherwise enable our compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend our rights or property, and protect the safety of our users or the public.
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary consideration.
You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing or other commercial emails from us by following the instructions included in the email or text message (e.g., clicking the unsubscribe link). We will work to comply with your request as soon as we can.
TEXT MESSAGING AND SMS
You may elect to sign up to receive promotional text messages from us. The terms of each promotion will be made available to you at that time. In general however,
(1) we will clearly and conspicuously disclose the intent to send marketing and advertising text messages to your designated telephone number using an automated dialing system, including the frequency and quantity of messages and their nature;
(2) you will need to provide your signature (which can be electronic);
(3) message and data rates may apply;
(4) instructions on how to opt-out and how to get help (typically, STOP to quit and HELP for help);
(5) your carrier may have limitations or restrictions on availability that may apply;
(6) opting-in is not a condition of purchase; and
Opt-out functionality in the text message will remain functional for 30 days after sending. We will process your opt-out request in 10 business days.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We, our service providers, and our business partners may also collect certain information about the use of our websites and apps by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, HTML5 localStorage, and other technologies. We may also collect information about online activities over time and across third-party websites.
The information that may be collected by automated means includes:
- URLs that refer users to our website
- Search terms used to reach our website
- Details about the devices that are used to access our website (such as IP address, browser type, operating system information, geolocation, and mobile device information)
- Details about users’ interaction with our website (such as the date, time, frequency, and length of visits, and specific pages accessed during the visits)
Web browsers may offer users of our website the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our website may not function correctly. To support and enhance our Services, we may serve advertisements through our Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors, and research firms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these ad networks and other parties. Advertisements served through the Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, which may be inferred from information you provide to us, based on your Services usage patterns, or based on your online activities. We do not provide personal information to any ad networks for use other than in connection with our Services.
You can make decisions about your privacy and the ads you receive. You can control whether companies serve you on-line behavioral advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website and using its opt-out: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. The DAA opt-out requires that cookies not be blocked in your browser. To learn more about ad networks and to adjust your preferences you may also visit the Network Advertising Initiative: https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
Collection, Storage, and Use in the United States
Our website and mobile app services are operated from within the United States, and by submitting your Personal Information to us, either through our websites, mobile apps, or by other means, you consent to the transfer, collection, usage, storage, and processing of your Personal Information in the United States as outlined in this Policy.
Please note that your Personal Information may be used by us in the country where it was collected, as well as in the United States, where laws regarding the use of Personal Information may be less strict than the laws in your country.
How We Protect Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Content Submitted by You
Some features of the Services allow you to post content on our website, app or social media pages, such as photos. Content that you provide may be shared publicly or with other users or third parties.
We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose or where we are legally required to retain the personal information for a minimum period. When we no longer need the personal information we collect, we either anonymize the information or securely destroy the information.
Persons Under Ages 21
You must be twenty-one (21) years or older to access our websites and mobile apps. If you are under 21, you are not permitted to access our websites or mobile apps for any reason. We do not knowingly collect or allow the collection of Personal Information from persons under 21.
If you believe we have inadvertently collected information about a person under 21, please contact us, and we will attempt to delete the information: 674 E. Brier Drive, San Bernardino, California 92408, Attn: Vice President, Enterprise Legal Compliance or via email: Click here.
Your Privacy Rights
You may have certain rights and choices regarding our processing of your Personal Information. Depending on your jurisdiction, applicable law may entitle you to additional consumer rights, including the right (with certain limitations and exceptions) to:
- Right to Know and Access Information: You may access information we maintain about you using the methods provided below. If we grant your request, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we maintain about you in the ordinary course of business. This may include what personal information we collect, use, or disclose about you. We may not fulfill some or all of your request to access as permitted by applicable law.
- Deletion of Information: You may request that we delete your personal information. Depending on the scope of your request, we may refrain from granting your request, as permitted by applicable law. For example, we may be legally required to retain your information in our business records. You may submit a deletion request using the methods provided below.
- Opt-out of “Sale” and Certain Sharing Practices: You have a right to opt-out of certain data sharing practices with third parties who do not act as our service providers. This is limited to information we “sell” to these third parties. “Sell” in this case does not mean providing data in exchange for money—we don’t do that. “Sell” instead means the disclosure of data, including technical device data that doesn’t identify you directly, when a third party might use that data for its own purposes, such as for personalized advertising. In order for you or your authorized agent to exercise this right, please visit our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” page.
If you opt to exercise your privacy rights, we are required to verify your identity in order to prevent unauthorized access of your data. This may require us to ask you certain questions to confirm your identity or require you to provide state-issued identification. Requests to exercise these rights may be granted in whole, in part, or not at all, depending on the scope and nature of the request and applicable law. Where required by applicable law, we will notify you if we reject your request and notify you of the reasons we are unable to honor your request.
No Opt-In for Minors: Minors are not permitted to use our Services.
Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you, in terms of price or Services that we offer, if you submit one of the requests listed above.
You may use an authorized agent on your behalf to exercise a privacy right discussed above. If you are an authorized agent acting on behalf of a consumer to communicate with us or to exercise a privacy right discussed above, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the requisite authorization to act on behalf of the resident and have sufficient access to their laptop, desktop, or mobile device to exercise these rights digitally. If you are an authorized agent trying to exercise rights on behalf of a Yaamava' or Palms user, please contact us at the contact information below with supporting verification information, which includes, at a minimum, a valid Power of Attorney in the state in which you reside, proof that you have access to the consumer’s interface, and proof of your own identify.
To Exercise Rights (other than Opt Out of Sale).
California Shine the Light:
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer data which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like information identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties, please submit a written request to us using the contact details below.
Yaamava’ Resort and Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Blvd.
Highland, CA 92346
Email: Click here
IF YOU ARE IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA OR UNITED KINGDOM
If you are in the EEA (which includes the countries of the European Union) or UK, then these terms may apply in addition to the terms above.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under applicable law of the EEA and UK, we require a legal basis in order to processing your personal information. We will rely on one or more of the following:
- Performance of a contract - we may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- Legitimate interest - we may use your personal information for our legitimate interests or those of another party. Examples of our legitimate interests include facilitating and arranging your booking/reservation with us, handling complaints about our services, or responding to queries and requests.
- Compliance with law or regulation - we may use your personal information as necessary to comply with applicable law/regulation.
- Consent - we may (but usually do not) need your consent to use your personal information. An example of is where you have given us consent to market to you.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EEA OR UK
This can be done in a number of different ways, for instance:
- The recipient may have signed a contract based on “standard contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, requiring the protection of your personal information.
- The country to which the personal information is sent may be approved by the European Commission.
- In other circumstances, applicable law may permit the transfer of your personal information outside the UK or the EEA, for example because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps to enter a contract with you.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal information when it is transferred outside the UK or the EEA (including a sample copy of standard contractual clauses) by contacting us using the details set out above.
Where our handling of your personal information is covered by UK/EEA data protection law, you have number of rights:
- Requesting information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information which we hold about you.
- Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Withdrawing your consent, although this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal.
- In some circumstances, receiving some personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or requesting that we transmit that information to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal information which you have provided to us.
Please note that there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to refuse a request.
You may also lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country of residence.